Discovery Vitality Points
About the Test
A glaucoma screening is recommended for men and women over the age of 40 and detects your risk for glaucoma. Glaucoma is a disease that is known to increase the pressure in the eye which can cause blindness.
Need to know
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before the test.
- Avoid alcohol for 12 hours before the test and any liquids for four hours before.
- If you have a wound on your eye or an eye infection, wait until it’s healed before you have the test.
Paying for the glaucoma screening
- Discovery Health pays for the test on all Discovery Health Plans from your day-to-day benefits, if you have funds available.
- You earn 2 500 Vitality points for a glaucoma screening if you are older than 40.
- Vitality points are awarded within two to four weeks.
- If you send your claim to Discovery Health, your Vitality points will be awarded automatically. If not, you can fax your membership number and invoice to 011 539 7347 or email email@example.com with a scanned copy for us to award your Vitality points.